|Engine Type||1-cylinder, 4-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke||78 mm x 52.3 mm|
|Fuel System||Keihin EMS|
|Front Suspension||WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm|
|Front Brakes||Disc brake|
|Rear Suspension||WP XACT Monoshock with linkage|
|Rear Brakes||Disc brake|
|Final Drive||Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.|
Small-Bore Domination: Already known for its strong performance, 250 XC-F presents itself with a highly developed engine built into a race-bred chassis. The performance combination of a powerful and torquey engine in a lightweight and agile chassis is sure to make the 250 XC-F the star of the show.
- The KTM 250 XC-F engine is known to be the strongest engine in the 250 cc class. It screams at the top of its lungs at 14,000 RPM, but is equally happy producing tons of torque and power across the rest of the rev range. Its compact architecture contributes to an excellent mass centralization, supporting the rideability of the bike. And it only weighs 47.6 pounds. That's including the incredibly beneficial E-starter.
- Engine: The KTM 250 XC-F engine is known to be the strongest engine in the 250 cc class. It screams at the top of its lungs at 14,000 RPM, but is equally happy producing tons of torque and power across the rest of the rev range. Its compact architecture contributes to an excellent mass centralization, supporting the rideability of the bike. And it only weighs 47.6 pounds. That's including the incredibly beneficial E-starter.
- Cylinder head: The centerpiece of the compact DOHC (double overhead camshaft) engine is the cutting-edge cylinder head. It features two overhead camshafts, which activate the titanium valves via super-light cam followers with a hard DLC coating.
- Crankshaft: The KTM 250 XC-F's crankshaft utilizes a short connecting rod, which makes for an overall compact and lightweight engine with a snappy power delivery. A plain big (bottom) end bearing with two force-fitted bearing shells runs directly on the crank pin. The necessary oil feed for this bearing is ensured by the engine's pressurized lubrication. This design is a decisive benefit in terms of the crankshaft service interval, which can be lengthened due to the plain bearing. So just pin it, all day long.
- Always optimal: KTM's proven cooling system routes the coolant from the cylinder head through the frame triangle, directly to aluminum radiators. Thanks to flow optimized internal circulation and CFD-calculated ventilation, the system is superbly efficient. In addition, radiator protections improve heat dissipation. Especially in the mud. They are also integrated into the front part of the shrouds to protect the radiators from impact.
- The KTM 250 XC-F has a lightweight, high-tech steel frame, carried over from the 2019 model. It plays an integral role in the bike's renowned maneuverability, while also providing accurate rider feedback. Its refined flex characteristics ensure the bike soaks up those big hits while still delivering excellent agility and high-speed stability. The chassis also features additional innovative elements like “no dirt" footpegs and brackets for mounting an optional composite skid plate. For 2020, the suspension features improved damping characteristics. The reworked settings offer a slightly softer, more comfortable feel that, together with the dynamic, performance-oriented chassis, contribute to an intuitive, high-performance ride like no other.
- Optimal flex characteristics: The high-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame has a knack for easy handling, outlandish rideability, precise cornering and excellent stability. You can also count on precisely calculated stiffness of the frame. This results in better absorption of the energy created from the front and rear suspension, sucking up jumps and bumps. In short: more comfort and less rider fatigue. Laterally attached, lightweight aluminum engine head stays (the connection between cylinder head and frame) contribute to more precise cornering and a reduced vibration level. The engineers were able to pull off all that, while making their frame 2.2 pounds lighter than that of the lightest competitor on the market. In addition, it is easier to maintain, easier to work on and supplies more space for the tank and other components. The bike also features an extra-light subframe made of aluminum, which tips the scales at less than 2 pounds.
- Swingarm: The cast aluminum design offers low weight and a perfect flex behavior. The single-component casting process eliminates any inconsistencies and inherent weak points created by welding. It's better looking too.
- The 250 XC-F is fitted with lightweight, CNC-machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and black spokes with lightweight aluminum nipples providing maximum stability at minimum weight. The latest Dunlop Geomax AT81 tires guarantee perfect traction and outstanding performance.
- Front suspension: The lightweight WP XACT front fork with AER technology, a 48 mm USD air-sprung fork developed by WP in close collaboration with KTM, is a split fork with separate functions for each leg. That means damping functions are on the right side, whereas the air spring is in the left. This left leg features a 2-chamber system with a capsuled air cartridge to prevent loss of air pressure. Should the outer seal start to leak, the internal cartridge pressure will keep the bike in position. The air spring is easy to adjust to any rider weight via a single air valve. No extra special tools are required; the fork air pump is supplied with the bike. The right fork leg integrates a damping cartridge that tailors to all your damping needs. It can be adjusted to the track conditions and the rider's preferences with a twist of a dial (compression from the top, rebound from the bottom, 30 clicks each). Right off the dealer floor, this fork (with reworked damping characteristics and new piston) is more comfortable and more sensitive than ever. But you can still hammer the hell out of it.
- Rear suspension: The WP XACT shock absorber has been developed with the entire frame and swingarm architecture in mind, including the linkage system and the WP XACT front forks. It features machined and anodized components and is a valuable, high-end product compared to roughcast reservoirs. A new, confidence inspiring setting with improved damping characteristics perfectly matches the front-end set-up and its WP color scheme lets everyone know you have excellent taste in suspension.
- Triple clamp: Top quality, CNC machined triple clamps have been a KTM trademark for years to ensure precise handling. The rubber damped handlebar fixation allows for two positions and an hourmeter is fitted in order to let the rider know it's time for a service.
- Stopping power: These high-tech Brembo brakes are combined with lightweight Wave brake discs. You couldn't brake any harder, better, faster or stronger. These high-tech Brembo brakes are combined with lightweight Wave brake discs. You couldn't brake any harder, better, faster or stronger.
- Inspired design: All XC-F models have lightweight polyethylene tanks fitted with an integrated fuel pump system and capacity of 2.25 gallons. Inside threads on the filler cap make for an easy and reliable closure. Manufactured using see-through plastic, you will always be able to see how much fuel remains at a glance.
- Simple and effective: The air filter box design offers maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, while ensuring maximum airflow. The large Twin Air filter is mounted in a stiff cage, which at the same time holds the system in place. This design is so simple, you could still pop a fresh one in with a face full of mud. Without tools. In seconds.
- Put simply, the KTM 250 XC-F is READY TO RACE. With input from top factory racers, KTM has ensured that the ergonomics across the XC range are perfectly suited for faster terrain, allowing riders to move more freely while keeping the throttle pinned wide open.
- Shaped for control: KTM engineers sure know how to handle handlebars. This tapered one, made of high-strength aluminum, is fixed in damped rubber mounts and has two different positions. ODI lock-on grips make grip changes easy and do not require any wire or glue to be secured.
- Innovatively strong: Sophisticated ´No Dirt´ footpegs prevent clogging of the footpeg pivot, even when digging in deep ruts. Looking for a higher riding position? Then just mount the footpegs of the EXC models, which are 6 mm higher than the XC versions.
- Performance and comfort: Ergonomically perfect, the seat has a high foam volume, which offers great comfort and durability, while keeping the weight low.
- The contributions from KTM factory riders, as well as KTM R&D and Kiska Design, have helped to shape the bodywork and the success of this radical machine. The design that features across all 2020 offroad models, achieves complete harmony between rider and bike, down to the finest detail. The main goal is to provide the perfect contact points for the rider to enjoy maximum freedom of movement and improved handling. The I-beam design for the front and rear fenders are prime examples of the intelligent design that appears in every element of the bodywork, guaranteeing maximum stability at the lowest possible weight.
- Stylish individuality: Simply riding a KTM 250 XC-F attracts the attention of onlookers, but the new inlay graphics definitely make them turn for a second look.
- Featuring launch control and an engine map select switch, the 2020 KTM 250 XC-F is fully primed to be READY TO RACE. Electric start as standard also means riders can focus more on kicking dust onto the competition, and less about kick-starting motors.
- Supreme reliability: A strong lithium ion battery breathes life into the engine and contributes to low vehicle weight. The lightweight battery and wiring harness are centralized in a compartment above the air filter box, allowing the mechanic to remove the subframe without moving the electronics. A happy mechanic is a good mechanic.
- Displacement: 249.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 78 mm
- Stroke: 52.3 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Multi-plate clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °